SCORE BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY MAKEOVER CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. General. The SCORE Business Productivity Makeover Contest (the “Contest”) will begin on November 25, 2013, at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and will end on April 30, 2014, at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”). Before entering the Contest, each entrant must review and agree to be bound by the Contest’s Official Rules as set out below. By entering the Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding in all respects.
2. Sponsor. Contest is sponsored by Service Corps of Retired Executives Association (the “Sponsor”) 1175 Herndon Parkway, Suite 900, Herndon VA 20170, and is in no way sponsored endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Pinterest, Google or LinkedIn.
3. Eligibility. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry and (i) who own a small business; or (ii) is an authorized representative of a small nonprofit organization. Small business for these purposes shall mean a commercial enterprise operated for profit with less than fifty (50) employees. Small nonprofit organization for these purposes shall mean an organization that has a tax-exempt determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service confirming tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(a) and has less than fifty (50) employees. Void where prohibited.
The Contest is not open to the following persons: employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, the subsidiaries and affiliates of the Sponsor, or employees, agents or representatives of suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest, including promotional agencies (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”); immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouses of each) of the Excluded Individuals; and any other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
4. Timing. The Contest consists of three (3) phases as described in the chart below:
Entry Phase: November 25, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. EST to February 25, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Judging Phase: February 26, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. EST to April 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Public Voting Phase: April 1, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. EST to April 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter. During the Entry Phase, entrants access the Contest website at www.bizclips.score.org (the “Website”) to complete the online entry form and to post an original, previously unpublished video describing (a) how the Entrant’s organization will benefit from an office productivity makeover; and (b) how the Sponsor has played or could play a role in helping Entrant’s small business or nonprofit organization succeed (the “Submission”). The Submission must comply all of the guidelines set forth below (online entry form and Submission together, an “Entry”).
Each Entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during the Entry Phase. Entries received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the stated limit will be void.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, the Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
6. Submission Guidelines. All Submissions must comply with the following guidelines:
a. The Submission must describe how Entrant will benefit from an office productivity makeover from Brother International Corporation and consultant services provided by the Sponsor.
b. The Submission must be at least thirty (30) seconds and no longer than sixty (60) seconds in length.
c. The Submission must be in English.
d. The Submission (including the copyright in the Submission) must be owned and originally created by the Entrant.
e. The Submission must not previously have been published or won any award.
f. The Submission must not name or refer to any brand or trademark other than the Sponsor, which marks Entrant has a limited license to use solely to incorporate into his/her Submission for this Contest and for no other purpose whatsoever.
g. The Submission must not contain any material that is inappropriate, hateful, tortious, slanderous, defamatory, threatening, indecent, violent, libelous, obscene or offensive, refers to dangerous, unlawful or illegal acts, promotes a political agenda, or contains any criminal or civil liability.
h. The Submission must not contain any material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion or religious beliefs nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
i. The Submission must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or whose use by the Sponsor requires a license or permission from or payment to any third party.
j. The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
k. If the Submission identifies any person other than the Entrant, the Entrant must have prior to submission obtained such person’s consent to the use by the Sponsor of the Entry including such person’s name, image and/or other identifying information, as applicable, as permitted hereunder; and
l. The Submission must not contain any material that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public dissemination.
By submitting a Submission, the Entrant represents and warrants that he or she has complied with all of the foregoing requirements and has obtained all permissions, licenses and consents that are necessary to submit the Submission and for the use of the Submission as permitted by these Official Rules and to verify compliance with the foregoing requirements. Each Entrant agrees to provide to the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s request copies of all such permissions, licenses and consents. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify Entrants or Submissions for not meeting any of the requirements outlined above or for any other reasons. Submissions cannot be withdrawn, revised or altered once submitted.
Submitting a Submission constitutes Entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes without restriction or further notice. Sponsor may utilize any Submission for promotional purposes, advertising and other promotional tools in perpetuity without compensation of any kind to Entrant. Entrant waives all moral rights in and to the Submission in favor of the Sponsor and will not have any ownership of intellectual property Sponsor creates using any Submission If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designee to make use of the exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Public Voting. All eligible Submissions will be posted on the Website during the Public Voting Phase. Once an Entry is posted on the Website, Entrants are invited to encourage friends, family and others to vote on their Submission. Limit one (1) vote per person per day during the Public Voting Phase. Entrants are eligible to vote on their own Submission during the Public Voting Phase. Such voting will not affect an Entrant’s ability to participate or win a prize. Entrants may be disqualified if automatic voting software is used in their favor or if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that said Entrant tampered with the voting process or participated in, induced, or caused in any way any false, fraudulent, or improper voting, including, without limitation, participating in a voting trust, voting agreement, and/or offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
8. Winner Selection. All eligible Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges (the “Judges”), determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
(a) Demonstration of Business Rationale (30%): Clearly identify the challenge(s) a productivity makeover would address for the organization and the need for business productivity improvements, how the makeover will benefit the organization (i.e., how productivity will be used and how it impacts the organization’s success), and how the Sponsor mentoring will be incorporated into these improvements to achieve/maintain success.
(b) Creativity/Originality (15%): Creativity and originality apply to both business rationale and video. Video can take any form (i.e., interview, talking head, animation, etc.).
(c) Clarity and Adherence to Theme (10%): Story is easy to follow and understand. Stays on topic in addressing Contest themes.
(d) Production Quality (5%): Qualify of visual and audio components.
(e) Public Voting (40%). Number of votes received for Submission during Public Voting Phase.
The Entry with the highest score from the Judging Criteria will be the “Grand Prize Winner”. The twenty-four (24) Entries with the next highest scores from the Judging Criteria will each be a “Finalist” and collectively, the “Finalists”. Any ties will be broken using an Entry’s score for the Demonstration of Business Rationale Judging Criteria and then the Creativity/Originality Judging Criteria.
Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received and the caliber of those Entries and the Entries’ compliance with the above-noted judging criteria. Posting a Submission on the Website does not constitute a determination by Sponsor that the Entrant who submitted the Submission is eligible to participate in the Contest or that the Submission otherwise complies fully with the Official Rules. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Sponsor shall be final.
The Sponsor will notify each potential winner by e-mail (at the e-mail address provided by the Entrant when entering the Contest). The Sponsor may, in its discretion, also confirm with winners by telephone or in writing. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner despite reasonable efforts to do so, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, such winner’s prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by the Sponsor.
The e-mail notification will include a link that contains a copy of a Release and Eligibility Agreement (the “Claim Form”) and other information required to claim the prize. All completed, un-amended Claim Forms must be received by the Sponsor within ten (10) business days after it is e-mailed to the potential winner (“Submission Deadline”). All completed Claim Forms become the property of the Sponsor and will be verified by the Sponsor. In order to claim a prize, each winner must complete the Claim Form which includes representations of eligibility, compliance and release of liability and publicity release. Among other things, the submission of the Claim Form confirms compliance with these rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, agreement to maintain confidentiality until winners are announced at the Gala, and release of certain parties from any losses, liabilities, damages or claims arising from or related to the prize awarded and the Contest itself. If a potential winner fails to submit the Claim Form with all information required by the Submission Deadline, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
A winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by providing identification acceptable to the Sponsor (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. If a winner declines the prize, another winner may be selected from the eligible entries received.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive:
(a) $2,500 worth of office equipment from Brother International Corporation. Equipment must be selected from a list of eligible equipment determined by Brother International Corporation in its sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner is required to meet with Brother International Corporation for an assessment of business productivity needs of the Grand Prize Winner’s organization. Total value excludes any applicable sales tax.
(b) A two (2) day and one (1) night trip for the Grand Prize Winner and a guest to the 2014 SCORE Awards Gala currently scheduled to be held in September 2014 in Washington, DC (the “Gala”). Date, time and location of the Gala to be determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Trip package includes the following:
(i) two (2) tickets to the Gala;
(ii) round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) from a major commercial airport near the Grand Prize Winner’s hometown in the U.S. (determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Washington, DC (or surrounding area);
(iii) one (1) night standard hotel accommodation (one (1) room, double occupancy) at a hotel selected by the Sponsor;
(iv) ground transportation to and from the airport up to a maximum of $200.
If the Grand Prize Winner lives within 100 miles of Washington, DC, the air transportation portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted. Grand Prize Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to select travel times acceptable to Grand Prize Winner. Trip times subject to availability. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of Grand Prize Winner. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the Grand Prize Winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the Gala is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
Each of the twenty-four (24) Finalists will receive a Brother P-Touch model PT-2030 label maker.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,500. The ARV of each Finalist Prize is $59. ARV of all prizes is $4,916.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by the Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state, local and other tax liabilities, including but not limited to, sales and use taxes, excise taxes, income and withholding taxes, customs duties, fees and like amounts in connection with a prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for any such taxes or expenses. A Form 1099 may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
10. Winners List. For the names of the winners, you may send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before May 31, 2014, to the Sponsor at 1175 Herndon Parkway, Suite 900, Herndon VA 20170 ATTN: Marketing.
11. Release: Consent to Use Likeness, Voice and Address. By entering the Contest, each winner agrees: (a) to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to release and hold harmless Facebook, Pinterest, Google, LinkedIn, the Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates of the Sponsor and the franchisees and affiliated merchants of each of the foregoing, all prize suppliers, all agents or representatives of the foregoing, including without limitation their advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, liability, loss or damage whatsoever arising with respect to the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Contest prize and further acknowledges that none of the foregoing persons have made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee a particular purpose thereof. Prizes awarded may carry their own product warranty, for which the Released Parties have no responsibility of liability; and (c) to consent to the use of his or her name, image, voice, likeness, city and state of residence and/or photographs without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium worldwide by the Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification, and without providing compensation or intellectual property rights to the Entrant, except where prohibited. Sponsor may utilize any Entry for promotional purposes, advertising and other promotional tools in perpetuity without compensation of any kind to entrant.
12. General Conditions. Entries that are incomplete, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way, are automatically void. The Released Parties are not responsible for the following: (a) lost, late, delayed, illegible, inaudible, stolen, damaged, altered, destroyed, mutilated, misdirected, illegal, incomplete or postage due rule requests, entries or prize claims; (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software typographical, mechanical, telephonic, electronic or network relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Contest-related materials; or any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
Entrants may also be disqualified if Sponsor learns that the entrant disparages the Sponsor during or after the Contest Period. Entrants should be aware that Sponsor retains the right to take legal action against entrants who commit libel or slander against Sponsor during or after the Contest Period.
The Sponsor fully reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Contest if the Contest is not capable of being completed as planned, including infection by computer viruses or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest.
The Sponsor is not responsible for printing errors in the Contest materials or these Official Rules. If, due to a production or printing error or other unforeseen error, there are more winners than prizes for any level, the Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes for that level through a random drawing of all eligible winners for that level. No more than the number of prizes listed herein will be awarded.
No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners.
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing your personal information as described in these Official Rules, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information by the Sponsor and its representatives, Promotional agencies and marketing organization for the purpose of administering the Contest, including without limitation contacting entrants in the respect of the Contest and disclosing the list of winners. Your personal information may be used for future Contests and marketing of the Sponsor, its affiliates, representatives, and Promotional agencies but will not be used for any other purpose nor will it otherwise be disclosed to third parties, unless otherwise required by law. If you would like to be excluded from all lists used by the Sponsor for any future Contests and marketing by the Sponsor, you may send a letter requesting that you be removed from such lists to the Sponsor at 1175 Herndon Parkway, Suite 900, Herndon VA 20170, ATTN: Marketing.
This Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules shall be exclusively governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the federal laws of the United States of America applicable therein. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in the District of Columbia, USA.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
If any one or more provisions of these rules are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, effect or enforcement of any other provision or provisions of these rules.