To enter, submit a video explaining why your small business needs a makeover and how SCORE has played or could play a role in helping your small business succeed.
Your video can be as simple as you talking into a camera or computer's camera, or something more involved such as an interview with a customer, an animation, or a parody, dance, or song. The minimum requirements are that videos must be 30- to 60-seconds long and appropriate for a general audience. File size cannot exceed 500MB. See the complete rules for additional details.
All videos that are submitted by midnight, Eastern Standard Time, on February 25, 2014, and that meet the minimum requirements, will enter the public voting round from April 1, 2014, to April 30, 2014. During this period, you should promote your video and mobilizing your supporters to vote. The 25 videos that receive the greatest number of votes will receive a Brother P-Touch. A panel of judges from SCORE and Brother will select the winner based on:
• Demonstration of business rationale (30%): Clearly identify challenge a productivity makeover would address and the need for business productivity improvements, how it will benefit the business (how the productivity improvement will be used and how it impacts the business’s success), and how SCORE mentoring will be incorporated into these improvements to achieve/maintain success
• Creativity/Originality (15%): Creativity and originality apply to both business rationale and video. Video can take any form (interview, talking head, music video, animation, etc.)
• Clarity and Adherence to Theme (10%): Story is easy to follow and understand. Stays on topic in addressing contest theme.
• Production quality (5%): Quality of visual and audio components.
• Public Voting (40%): Number of votes received for Submission during Public Voting Phase.
The grand prize winner will receive a business office makeover with $2,500 in Brother International products or services as well as significant national publicity. The grand prize winner will be announced at the 2014 SCORE Awards Gala in September 2014, in Washington, D.C. The winner will be required to sign a confidentially agreement to keep their selection and prize secret until the official reveal at the 2014 SCORE Awards. The winner would be flown to the SCORE Awards Gala for the public announcement and presented with recognition on stage.
See the Official Rules for more detail.
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission round||November 25, 2013 @ 12:00 AM (EST)||February 25, 2014 @ 11:59 PM (EST)|
|Voting round||April 1, 2014 @ 12:00 AM (EDT)||April 30, 2014 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)|
|Judging round||February 26, 2014 @ 11:59 PM (EST)||April 30, 2014 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)|